Civil Engineering 2+2 Options
A pipeline to success.
Engineering technicians use their knowledge of science, engineering, math, and technical processes and apply the principles, designs, and procedures developed by engineers to practical situations. Our Civil Engineering program offers a broad, science-based education that focuses on engineering mechanics and materials, computer aided design (CAD), structural mechanics, surveying, and strength of materials. You’ll also gain a working knowledge of geotechnical design and foundation materials testing, surveying, materials science analysis and testing, hydraulics and hydrology, and computer assisted drawing.
Our graduates are in high demand in the energy, construction, and mining industries. They’re helping design and supervise highway and construction projects, working in materials analysis and testing, inspecting water treatment systems, and much more.
What you’ll learn
- Understand surveying techniques.
- Use AUTO CAD in a working environment.
- Integrate computing skills in engineering applications.
- Analyze and solve engineering problems in the areas of water treatment and transit, earth projects, highway construction, and statics.
- Perform common engineering lab tests for water, soil, and concrete.
- Energy companies
- Engineering consultants
- Government agencies
- Many other industries and businesses