Process Control Certificate
In the one-year Process Control certificate program, you’ll learn to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills to support engineers who develop control and measurement systems and procedures.
Your coursework will include instrumentation installation and maintenance, calibration, design and production testing and scheduling, automated equipment functions, applications to specific industrial tasks, and report preparation.
What you’ll learn
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and operation of basic industrial systems in a safe workplace environment.
- Be able to read and understand blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Know how to install and connect components and program devices used in basic industrial systems.
- Understand how to analyze, test, troubleshoot, and repair components and circuits used in basic industrial systems.
- Production technician
- Field engineer technician assistant
- MWD (measurement while drilling) field engineer
- Wireline operator
- Construction coordinator/technician
- Engineering technician
- Petroleum engineer technician
- Petroleum technician assistant