Process Technician 2+2 Options
Meet opportunities head-on.
This program was designed in conjunction with local industries to align the coursework with the skills employers are looking for in employees. It’s designed to give you the knowledge and skills to begin your career as a process technician or chemical operator in an industry such as oil and gas processing, plastics, pharmaceuticals, and energy production. You’ll complete 45 hours at Belmont College, then finish your degree with 20 hours of online classes taught by Washington State Community College faculty.
Many new processing plants are under construction in our area, and more plans are announced each year. In addition, a whole new plastics industry is about to launch nearby, capitalizing on the inexpensive materials produced from the processing plants. Your training will position you to work in a growing industry that will have a real impact in the eastern Ohio region.
What you’ll learn
- Be able to inspect and maintain equipment, take samples, record data, troubleshoot problems, and analyze products on a routine basis.
- Know how to maintain regulatory and environmental standards.
- Understand the role of a chemical operator in control rooms.
- Gain the ability to maintain the safe manufacture of products.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling the graduate to work effectively with engineering and production personnel.
- Press technician
- Chemical operator