Certified Chemical Dependency Assistant Certificate
Turn caring into a career.
If you’re considering a career in a medical field where you’ll be able to make a difference in people’s lives every day, it would be hard to find a more impactful role than that of chemical dependency professional. Our fully online Certified Chemical Dependency Assistant Certificate program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to help people struggling with addiction and the problems associated with it.
In this accelerated program, you’ll prepare to work hands-on in a field that’s as rewarding as it is demanding. By completing the program, which you can accomplish in one fall semester, you’ll earn your preliminary certification as a drug and alcohol counselor (CDCA) in the state of Ohio. You can continue your education by applying your coursework to the Mental Health Technology Degree.
What you’ll learn
- The knowledge and skills to successfully fulfill the role of an addiction counselor.
- The ability to identify the current classifications of drugs of abuse and understand the diagnosis of substance dependency and abuse.
- The ethical and professional behaviors expected in the field of substance use and addictive disorders.
- The basic components of prevention, assessment, intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of substance use and addictive disorders.
- The theory and skills in group dynamics, counseling techniques, and interviewing and casework.
- Work as a substance abuse counselor
- Pursue a Mental Health Technology Associate degree