St. Clairsville, OH (July 31, 2023) — Belmont College announced today that their Heavy Equipment Technician degree program has been approved and they are now accepting applicants for the Fall 2023 Semester.
“We are excited to add the Heavy Equipment Technician program to our degree offerings,” said Dr. Heather Davis, Dean of Academic Affairs. “Students in this program will develop the knowledge and hand-on skills needed to perform preventative maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and prescribe corrective action and repair of heavy construction equipment.”
According to Dirk DeCoy, Director of Industrial Trades and Contract Training, “This is a much-needed degree program in the Ohio Valley, and we are pleased to be able to offer it. As a heavy equipment technician, graduates will be prepared to diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic and structural systems issues, keeping construction, farming, transportation, and other large machinery operating properly and safely.”
Students in this program will:
- Learn how to use approved safety procedures in various work situations.
- Train to correctly use basic hand tools, specialty tools and test equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and write clear, accurate, concise, and complete service reports.
- Understand equipment parts will through teardown and rebuild exercises.
- Receive instruction on how to apply and demonstrate correct procedures for diagnosing and repairing hydraulic circuits and components, power train components, hydraulic and electric circuitry, and engine systems.
For more information about the Heavy Equipment Technician program, contact an Enrollment Services Associate at 740.695.9500 or visit belmontcollege.edu.
# # # #