Heavy Equipment Technician
Get big things moving.
If you like to work with your hands and fix things, this may be the field for you. As a heavy equipment technician, you’ll diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic and structural systems issues, keeping construction, farming, transportation, and other large machinery operating properly and safely.
In our Heavy Equipment Technician program safety is emphasized as instructors, who’ve worked in the industry, provide real-world training in the skills you’ll need to perform preventive maintenance, as well as diagnose and resolve problems, use basic tools, write service reports, tear down and rebuild equipment parts, and more. You’ll learn by researching, hands-on training in the lab and through an internship experience. Additional training will be offered in service, sales, and fleet management as it relates to the heavy construction equipment industry.
What you’ll learn
- How to use approved safety procedures in various work situations.
- Training to correctly use basic hand tools, specialty tools and test equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and write clear, accurate, concise, and complete service reports.
- Understand equipment parts will through teardown and rebuild exercises.
- Instruction on how to apply and demonstrate correct procedures for diagnosing and repairing hydraulic circuits and components, power train components, hydraulic and electric circuitry, and engine systems.
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance & Repair