Put your future in your hands.
The one-year Massage Therapy certificate program can prepare you for a career in a field that could put you in a variety of professional health and wellness settings. Once you’ve completed the program, you’ll be ready to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) in the State of Ohio, which will qualify you to begin your professional practice.
In this program, you’ll complete a clinical experience within our on-site massage therapy lab, performing 75 massages including one on your instructor.
What you’ll learn
- Qualify to sit for the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) provided by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB). A passing score allows you to apply for a license to practice massage therapy in the state of Ohio via the State Medical Board of Ohio (SMBO). Licensure from the SMBO is required for massage therapy employment in Ohio.
- Gain the ability to perform safe and ethical massages ranging up to two hours in a professional setting.
- Become familiar with all state regulations related to becoming and ethically performing as a massage therapist.
- Prepare to perform professionally in a massage environment, including applying technical and soft skills.
- Massage Therapist
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Submit and pass a criminal background check.
- Earn a letter grade of “C” or better in MTC coursework.