Emergency Medical Services – Paramedic Certificate
A vital part of a medical team.
The Paramedic Certificate program combines allied health and general education courses to equip you with the complex knowledge and skills you’ll need to provide immediate emergency care as an entry-level paramedic, including performing acute management and transportation for critical and emergent patients.
You can earn your certificate in as little as one year. Classes are offered in the evenings and clinical times are arranged at a variety of area hospitals, EMS agencies, and fire services. Courses in this program can be applied to the associate degree programs for Firefighter and Emergency Medical Services – Paramedic.
What you’ll learn
- Obtain the ability to understand, apply, and evaluate the clinical information necessary for
managing and transporting acute medical and traumatic patients.
- Acquire proficiency with all technical skills relative to providing emergency medical care and transportation to critical and emergent patients.
- Learn to demonstrate professional attitudes and behaviors consistent with the expectations of
area employers and the local medical community.
- Ambulance services
- Fire departments
- Communications and dispatch
- Hospitals and health agencies
- Other support services
Graduates are eligible to test for the following certifications:
- Ohio Paramedic
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Provider
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Pediatric
Testing/certification eligibility is stipulated by the Ohio Division of EMS.