Teacher Education 2+2 Options
Shape their lives. Build your career.
Every day, a teacher has a chance to impact and inspire children in a way that puts them on course for a successful future. Not many professions offer that kind of reward. If you’re passionate about helping prepare students to achieve their potential, Belmont College is ready to help you get started in a field where the demand has never been higher. In our Teacher Education Program, you can prepare to turn your love of learning into a meaningful career.
It’s all about equipping you with the tools and knowledge you’ll need. Skills such as effective written and oral communication to help you interact with parents, fellow educators, and community leaders; the ability to identify, assess, and teach a diverse student population; and the practical professional skills to help create and maintain an effective, productive, and safe educational setting.
What you’ll learn
- Understanding student learning and development and respecting the diversity of the students you teach.
- Understanding the content area for which you have instructional responsibility.
- Using varied assessments to inform instruction, evaluate, and ensure student learning.
- Planning and delivering effective instruction that advances the learning of each individual student.
- Creating learning environments that promote high levels of learning and achievement for all students.
- Collaborating and communicating with students, parents, and other educators, administrators, and the community to support student learning.
- Assuming responsibility for professional growth, performance, and involvement as an individual as a member of a learning community.
- Once you complete the Teacher Education program, you can transfer to a four-year institution to earn your teaching certification in primary or secondary education.