Allied Health Administration
A healthy balance of skills.
This two-year program is designed to prepare you to either transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree in Health Administration or obtain an administrative position at an ambulatory care center or medical billing office. The curriculum is designed to equip you with the balance of medical and administrative knowledge to help you launch your career. You’ll study topics ranging from human biology to supervision & management, from medical law & ethics to economics.
You can combine this degree with a certificate in Phlebotomy to open more career opportunities.
What you’ll learn
- Progress seamlessly to a bachelor’s degree in Health Administration.
- Apply general knowledge of anatomy, physiology, psychology, and medical terminology to the administrative aspects of health care.
- Gain basic knowledge of medical business practices, including billing and coding procedures, along with reimbursement practices in health care.
- Demonstrate clear and effective oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, and problem solving in the workplace.
- Understand the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Pursue a career as a certified phlebotomist.