Cyber Security Certificate
The emphasis on information and online security is now an integral part of every business and organization, due to the surge of online and network computer access by multiple users. In our Cyber Security certificate program, you can build the fundamental skills in communication, math, computers, and security information for an entry-level position in network security. This short-term program is ideal if you’re looking to start your career quickly and then meet the associate degree requirements for advancement.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain a wide range of knowledge and experience, networking skills, and cross-training, as you become familiar with cyber law and ethics, secure operating systems, wired and wireless networks, and web transactions. The course in this program can be applied toward the Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Security and Computer Forensics.
What you’ll learn
- Learn to assemble and configure a computer, install operating systems and software, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Be able to use basic installation procedures.
- Understand computer organization, communication, and network security.
- Understand the basics of cyber law and ethics by utilizing record keeping techniques and utilizing law nexus and record keeping regulatory models with knowledge of legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Be able to determine wireless vulnerabilities and have a basic knowledge of encryption, intrusion detection, and security assurance.
- Information assurance
- Computer networking
- Homeland security