Welding Fabricator Certificate
Start shaping your future.
In our Welding Fabricator Certificate short-term certificate program, you’ll follow a national curriculum as you study and practice shield metal arc welding (SMAW), metal inert gas welding (MIG), and tungsten inert gas welding (TIG) processes as they apply to the manufacturing and production industries. Once you’ve completed your certification, you’ll be ready for a range of entry-level fabrication jobs.
You’ll practice skills including machine selection and classification of electrodes, basic welding techniques using E7018 electrodes for fillet welds, welding symbols, best practices in welding fabrication, and weld testing.
Once you graduate, you’ll be prepared to earn several American Welding Society (AWS) welding certifications using SMAW, MIG, and TIG welding processes.
What you’ll learn
- Understand welding and ship safety policies and procedures.
- Learn to operate SMAW, MIG, and TIG machines.
- Be able to Identify electrode classifications, weld joints, and structural shapes.
- Understand distortion and strategies to alleviate negative effects, as well as methods of layout, taking, and positioning of parts.
- Learn to safely operate drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic band saw, and portable band saw.
- Know how to strategically select welding process that best suits each application.