Energy and Natural Resources 2+2 Options
Explore your potential.
The energy industry is an evolving, exciting field that offers a world of opportunities. Our Energy and Natural Resources program will train you to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in oil and natural gas extraction and processing. It’s all designed to prepare you to enter the oil and gas, mining, power generation or power distribution industries, where our graduates are in high demand.
You’ll study the principles of petroleum extraction and related geology, petroleum field mapping and site analysis, testing and sampling methods, instrument calibration, laboratory analysis, test equipment operation and maintenance, environment and safety monitoring procedures for oil/gas fields and facilities, facility inspection procedures, and more. You’ll finish your training with an internship experience or capstone course to help you make the connection between theory and practice.
What you’ll learn
- Understand surveying techniques.
- Use AUTO CAD in a working environment.
- Integrate computing and mapping skills in engineering applications.
- Analyze and solve engineering problems in the areas of statics, hydraulics, and hydrology.
- Be familiar with the production, transportation, and utilization of local energy resources.
- Production operations
- Drilling operations
- Natural gas sales